Thursday, May 8, 2008

today took a strange turn

I had fully intended to spend the day sewing but best laid plans i guess... My youngest daughter bought me a phone for mothers day. (one of those pink ones being advertised) That was very sweet of her but it took all day and much of the evening for one phone to relinquish my phone number and for another to retrieve it. I know all about this sort of thing from prior dealings with phone companies, so i resolved not to become unduly distressed no matter what. I was very patient and understanding today and i was tested for most of the day but i have made it. The phone works and i am content. I am planning to visit my daughter in Fla. this summer and because i know how hot it gets i'm making as many sundresses as i can. I also seem to be addicted to bandannas at the moment. i just sewed 5 together for this blue one and put tons of little buttons in front. I actually made this one last year and never got to wear it. The white one is an apron top, i found the pattern in a Sew Simple magazine last year or the year before and i never got the chance to make one. Then i saw a whole bunch of them at guttersgoods.com and they had me drooling. I just had to make one this year. Now i'm addicted to the things and can't stop making them. That was what i was working on before the phone fiasco began. Ah well, there's always tomorrow, er today.

No comments: