Saturday, October 10, 2009

frustrated!!!

Yahoo won't let me post my first fabric paper results in my group album. grrrrrrrrr!!!! Okay, I know I've been around the dogs too long. Ah, well, anywho. Here are my first swatches. they are, snippets of paper and fabric on a cotton shirt remnant, a denim remnant, tulle front and back, and a fabric sheet. let me just say that the fabric sheet was annoying. And I think my best results came from the tulle. Also let me go ahead and admit that I did the process WRONG!!!!! remember earlier when I was working on Violettes' "Crazy quilt background page" Yeah, well the processes are similar and i must have forgotten I was working with fabric cus i totally laid a layer of tissue paper over the whole thing, so keep that in mind when ur wondering why you can't really see anything. anywho once again, these are the results, don't laugh


snippets on shirt remnant


snippets on laundry sheet


snippets on denim


snippets on tulle back

3 comments:

Diane said...

Great ideas for the base fabric other than muslin. Way to go! I'm enjoying Stitch Alchemy as well. Gotta get pics uploaded on my blog.

labluegypsy said...

yeah, I haven't ordered any muslin or supplies at all this month so, I'm just sort of using what i have. I prefer to use stuff i don't mind losing if i muck it up. that way when i get good at it i can then use purchased items. and besides, it's more fun using stuff around the house. lol

Dotti said...

Great looking papers! I'm in this study too and was surprised to see my stuff on the home page having been away awhile!

http://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com