Saturday, August 9, 2008

boredom has set in






like rigor mortis, Gypsy and i can hardly stand it. i tried to watch my netflix movie, now showing in the blue room - Mad Money with Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah and katie holmes. Diane Keaton is one of my favorite neurotic actors but i have to be really calm to watch her most days and today was not that day. i was grinding my teeth and flinching, worrying about what was going to happen to them if they got caught. i fast forwarded to the end. i never do that, that was my clue. so i'll watch it later.

i pulled out the paints instead. they aren't dry but here they are. i squirted paint directly on the canvases, and tried to have fun. difficult to do when ur body is determined to have an anxiety attack. but i managed.

My daughter woke me up early this morning to tell me Bernie Mac was dead of pneumonia at the age of 50. It was as if she said my Uncle Bernie had passed away. I really wasn't a fan of Bernie Mac. I loved his stand-up routine, better than his show or his movies but i thought of him as family. I have no idea why. perhaps he does remind me of an uncle who knows. Good-by Bernie Mac, we miss u.

No comments: